Quoting David Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Latin modern fonts have names like what?
>
> Where are they installed in your tree?

Download the files in texmf-local or texmf-fonts, and unzip them. THey
are in TDS format so you need not worry about where to place the files.

http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/latin-modern/download

> At what point in my tree do I place the zip file and then what
> command do I use to unzip them?

at texmf-local/ or texmf-font/

Simply unzip them using unzip filename.

> Thanks, Aditya. Your help is appreciated.
>
> I would have never messed with my installation but I tried your first
> example in section 4, page 4 of:  http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/
> mathalign.pdf and got two equations but three numbers! (1) (2) and
> (3). So I thought that might be a bug and I hadn't updated context in
> some time, so here I am, hammered again ....

Yes, that was a bug introduced sometime in the beginning of this year
(I think) but was corrected soon.

Aditya