Here is another example, this time not within a block, but within an
enumeration again:

The source:

\startproperty
   Let $a$ and $b$ be any numbers such that $a=b$. Then, if $c$ is
any number other than zero,

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
   ac=bc.\index{equations+multiplication}
\stopformula

If $c$ is any number other than zero, then

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
   \frac ac=\frac bc.\index{equations+division}
\stopformula

\stopproperty

Where property is defined:

\defineframedtext[MyBox]
\definemeasure[BoxWidth][\textwidth]
\defineblank[BoxBlank][medium]

\setupframedtexts
        [MyBox]
        [width=\measure{BoxWidth},
        before={\blank[BoxBlank]},
        after={\blank[BoxBlank]},
        background=color,
        frame=no,
        location=middle]

\setuplabeltext[property=Property]

\defineenumeration
        [Default]
        [location=serried,
        width=broad,
        text=\labeltext{},
        headstyle=bold,
        inbetween=\blank,
        before=\blank,
        after=\blank,
        way=bysection,
        sectionnumber=no,
        number=yes,
        right=.]

\defineenumeration
        [property]
        [Default]
        [text=\labeltext{property},
        before={\startMyBox[backgroundcolor=lavender]},
        after=\stopMyBox,
        way=bysection,
        sectionnumber=no]

And the error. Again, the \frac command seems to be the culprit.

(./EquationsSection.tuo) [1.15] [MP to PDF] (./EquationsSection-
mpgraph.1)
[2.16] [3.17]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\dogenfrac ...{\begingroup #4\endgroup #2#3\relax
                                                   #5}}
\mathematics #1->\relax \ifmmode #1
                                    \else $#1$\fi
l.275   \frac ac