Hi folks,

This is probably a simple problem but I can't find an answer.

I have a book with a list of figures and have been asked not to include
in the list a figure which does not have a caption, even though it has a
number. So the numbering needs to be sequential, but one of the figures
needs not to appear in the list of figures.

If I define a new float type Nolistfigure with, e.g.
\definefloat[Nolistfigure][figure]
then it uses its own number, so I get effectively in the text:

Figure 4.11
Blah blah
Nolistfigure 4.1
Blah blah
Figure 4.12

when what I actually want is:

Figure 4.11
Blah blah
Nolistfigure 4.12
Blah blah
Figure 4.13

And then in the List of Figures, I want

Figure 4.11
Figure 4.13

Can anyone get me a quick pointer? As ever, this request has come on the
release day for this job, so anyone able to help today would be
fabulous... :-) Thanks.

Duncan