Ah, excellent.  Also thanks to Wolfgang for his earlier comment.  I
had looked at location=left before but was thrown off by the
excessive distance between the heading and the text...until I
discovered the meaning of width=fit.  As you can see, I'm new to
context.

Has anybody looked into the bug (?) with numbered labels?

Cheers,
Norbert

--
NORBERT ZEH
Faculty of Computer Science : Dalhousie University