Hello Aditya,

> To me this looks exactly similar to the example in the booktabs manual.
> Am I missing something, or is it fair to say that context can generate
> booktabs like tables?

Any way to shorten the rule \DL[2]? IMO this is critical for nicely
set tables.

But the rest looks very, very good! So many thanks for that!

I once had to typeset a huge table, with huge in the sense of 'lots of
rows and lots of columns' on a A4 single page. This would not have
been possible without the help of \cmidrule which is a rule between
two rows but restricted to a number of columns and with the ability to
trim the rule on the left, the right or both sides.

Gnu      stuffed
-------- -----------
Emu      stuffed

So the first rule should be aligned left with the other rules in that
table, the two rules must not touch each other (this is the trick to
avoid the ugly vertical rules!) In booktabs speak this would be
\cmidrule(r){1-1} and \cmidrule(l){2-2}. (booktabs.pdf on a LaTeX
installation).

Is there something like \arraystretch(?) which is a factor that every
vertical whitespace in a table is multiplied with? This way you can
increase/decrease the height of a table without big trouble.

Patrick