Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Quoting Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm uploading an update.
>
> Thank for MKIV. It looks pretty good. I am assuming that the speed
> issues will be sorted out by the time of the final release.

party, but keep in mind that control has its price (esp with regards to
fonts)

but we can gain some speed when traditional code is swapped by lua based
code

> * A newline is missing somewhere in luatools. I get
>
> LuaTools | running command: luatex
> --fmt="D:/Profiles/fkb384/LOCALS~1/Temp/luate
> x-cache/context/30023ed61c3aac84b97b84c266f644dc/formats/cont-en"
> --lua="D:/Prof
> iles/fkb384/LOCALS~1/Temp/luatex-cache/context/30023ed61c3aac84b97b84c266f644dc/
> formats/cont-en.lua" "test.tex"This is luaTeX, Version
> 3.141592-beta-0.10.1-2007
> 080317 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>
> There should be a \n after "test.tex"

some tricky interference between tex and lua (buffering) since the
newline is there

> * There is something wrong with typescripts.
>
> \definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif][charter][default][encoding=texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]
>
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext

hm, maybe a missing font ... we're open type gyre now

> * I really like the new pretty printing module. The single quote
> correct displays correctly. And the state machine for pretty printing
> is much easier to understand in lua than it was in tex.

but .. work in progress -)