Hi Wolfgang,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:52:37 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing
>> of
>> updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
>> cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.
>
> ConTeXt contains LuaTeX (type-otf, loaded by default) and pdfTeX
> (type-gyr)
> typescripts for the TeX-Gyre Fonts.

Yes, this is so...

>> The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
>> site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
>> ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
>> :-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
>> that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
>> common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)
>
> What is your problem to download the fonts and unzip them in your TeX
> directory,
> all other things are included in ConTeXt.

Because

a) I'm doing a lot of really sensitive stuff with luatex (OrientalTeX
Project)
b) I want to keep my MKIV installation as clean as possible
c) If I have future luatex installation problems I don't want to have to
think about where this or that package came from that caused this or that
problem. If TeX-Gyre comes fully in a ConTeXt packege I'll have a clean
benchmark.

These days I am just too busy for a lot of unnecessary package debugging
etc. if I can avoid it.

> You can also wait for new minimals, Hans said he will ship the TeX-Gyre
> Fonts
> because you need them for palatino, times ... with LuaTeX.

That's exactly what I was asking about, I thought it may have ben done
already ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

PS Thank you again for all your past help!

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy