Hagen, Hans wrote:
> it's always a problem to determine what's left on a page
>
> \def\blah{The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy stupid dog.}
> \dorecurse{62}{\blah} \synchronizeoutput
>
> this will force the otr but is not always fails safe (i.e. vertical
> spacing may be messed)
>
> ... one of the reasons why we work on luatex -)
>
> Hans

Hans,

The "\synchronizeoutput" seemed to fix this trivial example, but it doesn't
seem to fix other illustrations of this behavior.  Is the "\synchronizeoutput"
something that I should place at the end of every block of content (paras,
sections, lists, figures, equations, etc.) in order to ensure that tables split
properly.  If not, is there a general workaround for this table issue that I
can apply in the meantime while LuaTeX is still in development?  I'm generating
ConTeXt from XSL, so its very easy to make a system wide change of how the
content is generated.

By the way, the LuaTeX on live.contextgarden.net seems to be broken
("FatalError: Your format does not match the base files!")

Cheers,
Mike