Hello Vyatcheslav,

First: thanks a lot for your patience and for testing.

Just to explain it: Hans is only indirectly involved in this, so if
anyone is to be blamed for non-functionality, that's me or Arthur (who
will probably deny everything :-) on the first place. Hans is only
responsible for those parts which are already working :)

Last time when it failed to work in a similar manner on windows, it
has been a problem with rsync (some builds simply fail to work
properly) and I kept getting errors related to some knd of
permissions. (read as: when I downloaded the binaries with rsync under
mac and saved them on a shared partition, they worked OK on windows,
but they didn't work when I downloaded them with rsync on windows).

The most weird thing is that it already worked on your computer, and
it kind-of-works on mine, and I don't remember doing anything except
changing folder names (perhaps I missed some details inbetween), so I
have absolutely no idea where things could go wrong. What if you
change directory names manually (after downloading) back to the
original ones?

Mojca

On 11/1/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> > hm, something wrong with the binary then
>
> Very probably it is.
>
> Meanwhile, two questions:
>
> 1) Where LUANPUTS should point to? Or it is of no use in the new build?

LUAINPUTS is set in texmf.cnf already, so you don't need any
environmental variable.

> 2) Is the folder "texmf-context\scripts\context\lua" really needed? It seems
> like all that files are found in "texmf-win\bin" folder. (At least, should I
> include it into my path?)

You don't need to include texmf-context\scripts\context\lua in PATH.
In any case, that folder is the true source. texmf-win\bin is composed
of:
- texmfstart.exe
- different standard binaries (pdfTeX, XeTeX, LuaTeX, metapost, ...)
- .bat/.cmd files
- lua files (Hans said they're needed, so I copied them there from
\scripts\context\lua)

Mojca