On Friday 02 November 2007 08:12:31 am [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have downloaded the latest Notepad++ and ConTeXt settings as suggested
> by Professor Hamid and I'm enjoying the experience of using them!
>
> However, I do not really like the colour scheme and tried to alter the
> background colours by editing "Application
> Data/Notepad++/UserDefineLang.xml", shutting down Notepad++ and starting
> up again (via Npp.bat), but no change.  I also tried editing the "tex"
> entry in "Application Data/Notepad++/stylers.xml", but no joy.
> I tried going to menu item Settings - Style Configurator, but Context
> isn't in the list of languages.
>
> How can I alter the default colour settings for ConTeXt, please?
>
> Richard Stephens

You might have more luck with Vim/Gvim which has an open-ended syntax
highlighting scheme with almost 500 files named e.g., cobol.vim in the
subdirectory syntax. It will do automatic sensing by suffix but you can
manually select one too.  It even has one for Context.

 You can modify the syntax files if you like or create new ones but either
task looks like an all-day project to me.

--
John Culleton