Dear Idris,

I have used buffers and \plcadefigures to display formula and figure
together. Here is my short sample file.

\startbuffer[one]
\startformula \startmatrix
\NC \NC e_1 \NC e_2 \NC e_3 \NC e_5 \NC e_5 \NR
\NC     u \NC 0 \NC 1 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NR
\NC  v \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 0 \NR
\NC     w \NC 1 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NR
\NC     x \NC 0 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NR
\NC     y \NC 1 \NC 0 \NC 0 \NC 1 \NC 0 \NR
\stopmatrix \stopformula
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\placefigure[here][fig:test]{Test of buffers}
{\startcombination[2*2]
{\externalfigure[7starmagic1][width=.25\makeupwidth]}{G}
{\externalfigure[one.tmp]}{AA}
{\externalfigure[one.tmp]}{BB}
{\externalfigure[one.tmp]}{CC}
\stopcombination}

\stoptext

Then, I got a strange output(fig 1: wide blank spaces between
columns). If I use \getbuffer instead of \externalfigure, I got
somewhat proper output(fig 2), but the figure is located much higher
than the matrix(horizontal alignment is bad).

What is wrong in my sample? Is there any option for \startcombination?

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Dalyoung

fig 1:

        figure
                                matrix 1
        figure
                                matrix 1
        figure
                                matrix 1
        figure
                                matrix 1
                        <....... wide ........... blank .........
space..........>
        matrix 2
                                matrix 3
        matrix 2