On Nov 24, 2007, at 11:30 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>

>> \define\sln
>> {\externalfigure[presentations/07_11_23.pdf][page=
>> \currentSlideNumber]\incrementSlideNumber}
>
> does it work with simple filenames? like abc.pdf?

Thank you, Hans. Wolfgang Schuster was kind enough to help me off-
list; he provided a solution that works wonderfully. If anybody is
interested, here's the relevant code:

\def\CurPres#1{\gdef\doCurPres{#1}}

\def\sln
  {\blank[line]
   \incrementSlideNumber % vor dem Bild notwendig?
   \midaligned{\externalfigure[\doCurPres]
[page={\getnumber[SlideNumber]},width=.75\textwidth]}
   \blank[line]}

and in order to provide the translation xml --> ConTeXt:

\defineXMLargument [present] \CurPres

Not sure if this is of interest to anybody; if it is, I'll wikify it.

All best, and thanks to Wolfgang!

Thomas