Hi Xan,

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 08:21:49 -0700, Xan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> lm is meant as a replacement for cmr, plr, csr, aer, vnr, whatever-r
>> around ... it's metric compatible so it makes no sense to use cmr any
>> more (which was the whole idea behind starting the lm project); the same
>> is true for tex gyre
>>

> Perhaps it's better, but I like much cm.
> I want to change. It's technically possible to change it?

Sure, you just have to define your own typescripts and install the fonts
(eg bluesky version). There are some howto's out there for installing
postscript fonts in ConTeXt (see the wiki:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts ), and make sure you take optical
scaling into account (my article discusses that).

The only thing that I've noticed is that bluesky cmr seems to be hinted
better and looks better on-screen at certain sizes than the lmr postscript
fonts.

OTOH I see no reason for using cmr. For all practical purposes lmr IS cmr.
If you find an area where there is a substantial difference, I'd like to
see it :-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies