On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:22:50 +0100
Patrick Gundlach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What is the current most contextish way for absolute positioning of
> text (still using MK II)? I have to create a title page for a document
> where several frameless boxes of text have to be placed on the page.
> Is this still the layer mechanism? I mean, ConTeXt evolves so quickly,
> being absent for one real year means being absent for about 10
> ConTeXt-years.
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

seems like you have nearly finished your thesis and yes, layers are
still the tool of your choice, especially the framed alternative
\setlayerframed. You can pass font changes to the framed part with the
setups command or set special backgrounds to the frame.

Although I never used them you could take a look at collcetors, anchors
(use layers intern) ornaments, a few of them are documented in the
details manual but I don't what the difference is between them.

BTW: LuaTeX on the wiki is broken, could be related to a outdated
luatex because the error mesage is
Error in lua file loading: /opt/context/current/bin/luatools.lua:1402:
attempt to call field 'gettimeofday' (a nil value)

Wolfgang