On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Matija Šuklje wrote:

Dne ponedeljek 17. decembra 2007 je Aditya Mahajan napisal(a):
I just put together a simple completion script for texexec in zsh.

Sweet, thanks :]

This is my first attempt to write a zsh completion script. Any feedback is
welcome.

Well, I'm a Zsh newbie,

So am I. Been using it for about two weeks now.

so I'm in no position to claim anything to be wrong.
But what bothers me with your script (as it is right now) is that when apart
from 'texexec' there is also a 'texexec_completer' command present.

Yes. All the completer functions are available as commands. Try _<tab> and you will see all the in-built ones.

If you want, you can rename texexec_completer to _texexec. That way, you will not get prompted for it on normal commands. I do not know if _ is reservered for distribution level completers or not, so did not name it _texexec.

Otherwise, really great work! It inspired me to perhaps even take on some Zsh
scripting of my own at some point.

I have been fairly impressed zsh tab completion. For example, suppose firefox has hung, and you want to kill it. Earlier, I did something like

ps aux | grep firefox

look at the pid and kill that process. With zsh, I can do

kill -9 firefox<tab> and it finds the pid for me. Sweet.

At some point, I hope to get a more sophisticated completer for texexec.

Aditya