Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I looked somewhat further and found out the curious fact that on
> MacOSX 10.5.x both /usr/include/signal.h and /usr/include/sys/signal.h
> exist!

That is normal, signals have a portable interface, as defined in
ISO C99. That is the interface provided in /usr/include/signal.h.

It is also possible to have a system-dependant interface, and that
is in /usr/include/sys/signal.h. On linux, this is a stub that
simply includes /usr/include/signal.h.

So the question is: does /usr/include/sys/signal.h include something
important on Mac OS X 10.5 that it didn't in previous versions, or
is something else changed?

The only macbook I have runs 10.2, so I have no way of testing any
of this myself.

Best wishes,
Taco