Henning Hraban Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Am 2008-03-06 um 12:04 schrieb John Devereux:
>
>> I have a document containing a wide table. I would like to have the
>> table rotated 90 degrees, along with the text on that page (which
>> would be in three columns above the table). So I would have (view in
>> fixed pitch)
>
> Did you try \rotate at all?

[...]

Hi,

I did try that (after a suggestion off-list from Mojca). Unfortunately
columns did not seem to work, and things like the textwidth were all
wrong. I don't really know enough to fix it all in a reasonable time.

As a workaround I did try making the entire page landscape (and
removing headers and footers). But that did not seem to play well with
imposition - I tried lots of combinations and could not get it right.

So for now I am going to just "transpose" the table, i.e. exchange rows and
columns so it is tall instead of wide.

But I would still be interested in general suggestions for:

  - how to deal with a "wide" table

  - how to have a single page "landscape" and not mess up imposition

  - how to typeset text in "landscape" direction on a "portrait" page
   (with "portrait" headers)

--

John Devereux