On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>  > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>  >> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>  >>  >> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Hans Hagen wrote:
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> > works ok on my machine using pdftex but luatex gives an unknown
> (have to
>  >>  >> > look into it)
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  Another test case, I ran into today.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  \setupcolors[state=start,textcolor=red]
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  \starttext
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  \startMPcode
>  >>  >>    draw fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor \MPcolor{\@@themaintextcolor}
> ;
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Do you mean \MPcolor{currentcolor}?
>  >>
>  >>  Hangs head in shame :(. I need to learn how to read the sources
> correctly.
>  >>
>  >>  Of course, currentcolor is much better than \@@themaintextcolor. I just
>  >>  did not know that it existed.
>  >
>  > Well ... I knew accidentally (since I have requested it). It's
>  > mentioned in \sometxt MyWay, but that's rather well hidden as well.
>
>  you just kept it secret ... i made 'currentcolor' for you -)

I know. MyWay about \sometxt mentions currentcolor, but it's kind of
tricky enough to find the proper manual with the needed information
when one is looking for it. Using \sometxt instead of btex ... etex
would be much more efficient as well, it has not been a secret, but I
have no idea how to best proliferate that information.

>  anyhow ... using commands with @@ in it is usually a bad idea
>
>  \unprotect
>
> \startMPcode
>  draw fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor \MPcolor{\@@themaintextcolor} ;
>  \stopMPcode
>  \protect
>
>  might have worked

PS: Before "currentcolor" was there, the circle would have come out
red without having to use \MPcolor :-) You just had "bad luck" with it
:-)

Mojca