Hi Joachim,

Joachim Kreimer-de Fries wrote:
>> bla bla bla \mnote[foo]{xxx} bla bla bla
>>
> Has the [foo] after the first \mnote any relevance and which?

Preremark: Usually, in ConTeXt, text in curly braces is printed and in
brackets is not.

In this case, \mnote{xxx} and \mnote[foo]{xxx} print the same, but you
defined a label "foo", which you can access later like in "See in my
margin note 1 on page 22."

>> in \in {note} [foo]
>>
> in my pdf-output this appears as :
>
> "in note 2"
Well, this is exactly the purpose, if you want to refer to a previous
margin note, you can access it again. \in[foo] prints the margin-note
number. And "\in{note}[foo]" prefixes it with the word "note". If you
have an setup interactivity, you can click on "note 2" and jump to the note.

It might well be that you do not need that feature, but sometimes it
might becomes handy.

Tobias