Quoting  "Idris Samawi Hamid ?????????? ?????????? ????????" :
> -- was [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Jul 04, 2008 at 08:23:19AM --

> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 04:54:26 -0600, Marcin Borkowski
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 3 months ago (on Friday, April 4) I asked about an option for luatex to
> > automatically put ties before one-letter words.  Hans asked me to remind
> > about it in a few months, so I do it now;).  (I can't answer in that
> > thread since I delete old mails:( ).
> >
> > BTW, I guess such a feature might be also useful for other purposes.
>
> Interesting, I was thinking about something similar recently:
>
> A user should be able to define or augment a database such that
> many-to-most ties are done automatically:

I am a bit affraid by such a feature: there are cases where it is hard
to decide (automatically, because it means going down to the grammatical
level) if a tie has to be added or not. Therefore the end user always
have to choose the right thing to do: in one case, he has to add ties
when needed, in the suggested case he has to remove them. It seems to me
that the original problem is transformed into another dual one.
(Of course, this might prove useful if there are less exceptions in the
end, but I'm a bit sceptical.)

Olivier