On Aug 20, 2008, at 8:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz <at> uni-bonn.de> writes:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the Adobe ArnoPro font (just testing if it will
>> work
>> with
>> ConTeXt). The font does work with ConTeXt/XeTeX, but not in mkiv.
>> When I
>> try to compile my test file with mkiv, I get this error message
>> (which
>> isn't very helpful to me):
>>
>>  (/home/tas/texmf/tex/context/type-arnopro.tex (/home/tas/texmf/tex/
>> context/type-arnopro.mkiv))))
>> MtxRun | return code: ?
>> ...live/texmf-local/scripts/context/lua/mtx-context.lua:572: attempt
>> to compare number with nil
>>
>> I'm using the latest beta and luatex 0.28.0
>>
>> Can anybody explain what's going wrong here?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Hi,
>
> Did you manage to fix it? LuaTeX goes into (what I think is) an
> endless
> cycle --- I haven't allowed it to terminate naturaly, as it takes
> far too
> long even on a quad core.
>
> load otf | warning: Bad pair position: glyphs 0 & 3148 should have
> been <
> 2846
>
> load otf | warning: Bad pair position: glyphs 0 & 3250 should have
> been <
> 2846
>
> load otf | warning: Bad pair position: glyphs 0 & 3784 should have
> been <
> 2846

> I should point out that on my Vista box LuaTeX crashes when I
> attempt to
> access the font information.
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list "arnoproregular" --info
> % crashes

Yes, I get a "segmentation fault" here on OS X as well. I talked to
Hans in Bohinj (I'm back earlier than the rest, who are still working
hard in Slovenia), and he thinks we'll just have to wait a bit till
luatex integrates code from fontforge v.3. So for the time being, Arno
Pro is unfortunately no go.

Thomas