Dnia Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:14:10AM +0200, Patrick Gundlach napisał(a):
 > As for the logo...
> >
> > Who cares ?
> >
> > Logo's don't enable people to figure out how to use software and be
> > productive with it.
> >
> > The proof is in the pudding, not in the logo.
>
> Right, but presenting ConTeXt in a more professional way could be
> worth an effort. A new logo is one step forward, even it will
> disappear again in some day.

On my personal webpage, I'm using a small wiki engine called oddmuse.
It's maunal says in one place:
"Logos and little icons (usually smilies) are eye candy and therefore of
utmost importance."

As you said: a professional-looking logo is a good thing.

BTW: the current logo looks like this:

  C   N
  T   X

I don't like the order; what about
  C   N
  T   X
?

This way, we emphasize the TeX logo inside the ConTeXt one.

> Patrick

Greets

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

- Why did a mathematician call his dog Cauchy?
- Because it left a residue at every pole.