Hi Wolfgang,

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Aditya Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I have always found the space at the beginning of each item in
>> \startitemize[text] to be too large. Currently, this is hard coded to be
>> \emwidth plus \intertwordstretch minus \interwordshrink (line 1132 of
>> core-itm.tex with the comment "new per 2006/10/20"). I always end of
>> copying the definition of complexdoitemgroupitem to my private modules and
>> changing the emwidth in the definition to 0.5\emwidth. Can you please keep
>> this key to be configurable with a key (textinbetween)?
>>
>> BTW, any particular reason not to simply say
>> \removeunwantedspaces\space\ignorespaces instead of
>> \removeunwantedspaces\hskip\emwidth\!!plus\interwordstretch\!!minus\interwordshrink\relax
>> \stopitemgroup uses just the first variant.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Aditya
>
> Hi Aditya,
>
> what do you about the following solution, the space between each
> item is configurable with the "space" key, the fourth parameter
> \dostartitemgroup gobbles we get from \startitemize if we use two
> parameters.

Thank you for looking into this old request. This does exactly what I
want. I just have one comment regarding the default. Maybe, for
consistency, the space key should behave as in \setupinterlinespace

space=none|small|medium|big|dimension

Other than this, it is perfect. Thanks a lot.

Hans, can this be included in the core?

Thanks,
Aditya