On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> I suspect
>> the error is not in lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin, but in the
>> patterns themselves. Which patterns does mkiv actually use, and how
>> have they been produced?
>
> It uses the patterns
>   `dehypht-x' 2008-06-18 (WL)

Sorry, I was a bit inaccurate. It uses patterns from
tex/context/patterns/lang-de.pat which have been generated with
    mtxrun --script pattern --convert
that more or less copies contents of hyph-de-1901.tex (should be
1996). And those patterns are more or less a literal copy of
http://repo.or.cz/w/wortliste.git plus maybe some time delay.

Mojca

PS: in LaTeX there is indeed a difference whether one uses pdfTeX or
XeTeX/LuaTeX since the two engines load differente patterns, but in
ConTeXt I see no reason for a different behaviour.