On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 26.11.2008 um 20:07 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Here's a tiny question. The following command complains about
>> undefined control sequence.
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startluacode
>> print('a\tb')
>
> print('a\t b')

But then I get some unwanted space.

>> \stopluacode
>> hello
>> \stoptext
>>
>> There is a workaround:
>>    print(string.format('a\t%s', 'b'))
>> but I find it weird. Even if the line above gets commented out with
>> two dashes it still complains.
>>
>> I understand approximately why this happens, but is that intended?
>> Should I be using something else than \startluacode in the plethora of
>> different lua triggering commands?
>
> \start/stopluacode is defined as \startluacode#1\stopluacode
> (simplified) and you should take care of TeXs parsing rules.
>
> If you want Lua comments and format command (\n, \t ...) use
> a external file for your Lua code.

OK, I will use external files next time. In this quick-and-dirty
approach I just added string.format since it was easier than
restructuring everything.

I thought that \startluacode should be behaving the same way as
verbatim environments where commands inside verbatim have no
influence, but apparently I was wrong.

Thanks,
      Mojca