Hello,

A while back I wrote this dirty code (read as: hack) in attachment
that allows multiple optional parameters in metapost functions, for
example:

draw_text("text");
draw_text(angle(30),"text");
draw_text(angle(30),align(right),"text");
draw_text(align(center),"text");

The code compiles fine with mkii, but not with mkiv. I would be
grateful for any hints about how to fix this.

I get the error:

mplib | mp terminal: ! Missing `,' has been inserted.
<to be read again>
                   ,
textext->...etextext(SUFFIX2)(rawtextext((EXPR3)),
                                                  origin)else:thetextext(SUF...

dummy->begingroup(TEXT2)
                        endgroup
gp_put_text->...tt)=tt.enddef;pict:=dummy((TEXT1))
                                                  ;let,=@;endgroup;draw(gp_t...
<*> ...m, 1cm), angle(30), textext.drt("rotated"))
                                                  ; ;
! An expression can't begin with `;'.
<inserted text>
                0
<to be read again>
                   ,
textext->...etextext(SUFFIX2)(rawtextext((EXPR3)),
                                                  origin)else:thetextext(SUF...

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca

(The code is taken out of
http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/t-gnuplot/metapost/context/third/gnuplot/mp-gnuplot.mp
and I'm slowly plucking up my courage to port the code to mkiv.)