Am 03.12.2008 um 19:43 schrieb Bart C. Wise:

> > You tried to enable doublesided documents with \setuplayout
> > but the option location control the location of your document
> > on the real paper, this option is usefull if you use different
> > sizes your document and paper e.g. \setupapersize[A4][A3].
> >
> Thanks Wolfgang for your response. I'm having a little trouble
> understanding your response, so let me tell you what I think you said.

> \setuplayout should not be used to enable doublesided documents.
> Because that option (\setuplayout[location=doublesided] is used to
> control the location of your document on real paper. Is that correct?

Yes.

> If so, then I don't need to use the
> \setuplayout[location=doublesided] option for the example. Correct?

Yes.

> > Doublesided documents are enable with
> > \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided], ConTeXt has also
> > a special settings "alternative={singlesided,doublesided}",
> > this this a normal single sided document with the same margins
> > on every page but you can use the "left" and "right" keys for
> > \page, \setuplayer etc.
> So I did the following with the above code:
> % \setuplayout[location=doublesided]
> \setuppagenumbering[
> location={footer,middle},
> alternative=doublesided,
> option=doublesided,
> style=\em\tfx,
> way=bytext,
> ]
> What does the "option=doublesided" do? Do I need it? I'm not sure
> where I found that one.

\setuppagenumbering has no "option" parameter.

> I still have the same problem with the last chapter in a division,
> the headers and the footers print out. I also tried with/without the
> "option=doublesided".

Add, ConTeXt goes by default to the next right page after
a sectionblock and insert the header and your pagebreak
for the first chapter can't work because you're past the
left page after the frontmatter you wanted to be empty.

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=yes]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart] [page=yes]
\setupsectionblock[backpart] [page=yes]

Wolfgang