On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Mojca Miklavec
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Yue Wang wrote:
>> Mojca:
>
> Hello Yue Wang,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reports.
>
>> I think you forgot to put the windows version of dvipdfmx.dll in the
>> minimals tree.
>
> Mea culpa! I fixed that. I didn't notice that one needs dll and nobody
> has complained so far.

Well, I use an old release of context (august) and it seems to have
it. but after upgrade to the latest version, something broken here.

> Out of curiosity: how do you use it? Does ConTeXt work OK with it at
> all? That binary is on the shortlist of being put to a special section
> that one would need to install as a separate module (option in
> mtx-update.lua for example), so I would like to know how/when it is
> still used. Also: that binary is badly supported in tikz for ConTeXt
> for example. So it is nice to know how much one needs to invest in
> trying to keep compatibility with those engines.

Well, I should say it works in some cases: especially for documents
with no hyperlinks and metapost graphics (and no hz features enabled
too). And it is fun to use it for CID font embedding (it is the most
popular tex driver in Asia since it have good support for CJK font. in
fact luatex also use dvipdfmx code for CID font embedding).

However, hyperlinks are always point to the wrong place, and
MPGraphics are usually in the wrong place too. I send a bug report to
Hans, but it seems not fixed yet. (Also, focus=standard is not fixed
yet. it is still higher or lower than the content it points to). These
are not dvipdfmx specific problems. XeTeX->xdvipdfmx has those
problems too.

When I use teTeX 3.0 (context version 2005.1.30 pdfetex 1.21), many
dvi specific features work well. One important reason is that ConTeXt
use dvi as default output at that time. So when there is a bug, it
will be easy to get report from users. However, pdf became the default
output in the late 2005, and after four years of development, dvi
features support are somewhat buggy now.

BTW, the latest dvipdfmx driver supports metafun, as announced on the
official web page of dvipdfmx.