Khaled Hosny wrote:
> Trying to get some sort of 'implicit' bidi with luatex, I though
> of using an (extenal) OCP filter as it is much easier than messing with
> luatex nodes, and it respects TeX grouping.
>
> The attached example loads the do_bidi.py script as an \externalocp, it
> works fine with plain luatex, but not with 'texexec', using 'context' I get:
>
> MtxRun | fatal error, message: luatex: execution interrupted
>
> Any ideas? Is there a lua equivalent to \externalocp ?

Luatex crashes because it attempts to call a kpathsea function,
but the kpathsea search library is never initialized by context.

The crash is an oversight in luatex.exe that I will try to fix for
the next version. Whether hte default context mkiv will ever support
external OCPs is upto Hans, but I would not be surprised doubt it
never will.

To run the example, you can add

 \ctxlua{kpse.set_program_name('luatex')}

to the top of your file, then it will work.

Best wishes,
Taco