On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Zoho Vignochi wrote:

Hello:

I am intending to write my masters thesis using context. My university
publishes a style guide in addition to a latex cls file. I am trying to
reproduce the titlepage. I have been using the wiki (specifically
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles#In_ConTeXt:_A_more_
advanced_solution). But I have not been able to add addition fields
beyond the present title, author, date.

Here is the relevant portion on the latex file.

[latex code snipped]

Any hints?

Thank you for your time,

Here is how I would do it. Most of it is literal translation of latex commands, using a contextish style.

% Put this in your environment file.

\unprotect

\def\setupthesis
  {\dosingleargument\dosetupthesis}

\def\dosetupthesis[#1]%
  {\setvariables[thesis][#1]}

\def\setupthesistext
  {\dosingleargument\dosetupthesistext}

\def\dosetupthesistext[#1]%
  {\setvariables[thesis:text][#1]}

\definefont[ThesisTitleFont][SerifBold sa 1.4]

\setupthesistext
  [   submitted={A THESIS SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT%
                  OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF},
           note={by},
   academicunit={In the Graduate Academic Unit of},
       accepted={This thesis is accepted},
           dean={Dean of Graduate Studies},
         school={THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK},
      copyright={Copyright},
  ]

\setupthesis
  [      title=,
        author=,
    prevdegree=,
  academicunit=,
        degree=,
    supervisor=,
         board=,
      external=,
          year=,
  ]

\def\placethesistitle
  {\startstandardmakeup[top=,bottom=]
    \startalignment[middle,broad]
      {\ThesisTitleFont\setupinterlinespace
       \getvariable{thesis}{title}\endgraf}
       \blank[1em]
       \getvariable{thesis:text}{note}
       \blank[1em]
       \getvariable{thesis}{author}
       \blank[1em]
       \bold{\getvariable{thesis}{prevdegree}}
       \blank[2em]
       \bold{\getvariable{thesis:text}{submitted}}
       \blank[2em]
       \bold{\getvariable{thesis}{degree}}
       \blank[1em]
       \getvariable{thesis}{text:academicunit}\space
       \getvariable{thesis}{academicunit}
       \blank[1em]
  \stopalignment
  \starttabulate[|l|l|]
    \NC Supervisor(s):     \NC \getvariable{thesis}{supervisor} \NC \NR
    \NC Examining Board:   \NC \getvariable{thesis}{board}      \NC \NR
    \NC External Examiner: \NC \getvariable{thesis}{external}   \NC \NR
  \stoptabulate
  \startalignment[middle,broad]
    \getvariable{thesis:text}{accepted}
    \blank[2em]
    \getvariable{thesis:text}{dean}
    \blank[1em]
    \bold{\getvariable{thesis:text}{school}}
    \blank[0.5em]
    \bold{\getvariable{thesis}{date}}
    \blank[0.5em]
    \getvariable{thesis}{copyright}\space
    \getvariable{thesis}{author},\space\getvariable{thesis}{year}
  \stopalignment
\stopstandardmakeup}

\protect

% The main file