2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcont...@wiseguysweb.com>:
>> Printshops should adhere to printing standards like PDF/X-1a and
>> PDF/X-3 - and these never need web optimization or tagging!
> Excuse the ignorance, but does LuaTeX produce a PDF based on the PDF/X-1a and
> PDF/X-3 standards?

Not by itself.
Yo have to make sure on your own that your embedded PDFs are ok.
TeX doesn't set any PDF/X "markers" - for it doesn't check embedded
material that would no good idea anyway.
But you can easily prepare PDFs within the borders of PDF/X-1a (e.g.
only CMYK data, no animations) using TeX.
PDF/X-3 is also possible (I guess), but harder (you need the right
color profiles everywhere).
In my experience too much printshops can't handle PDF/X-3 anyway...

Greetlings, Hraban