Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Should we request adding q-8r.enc to TeX Gyre then? I have to admit
that I have no idea when 8r is used, so someone else would need to
help with providing nice arguments to the Polish group (or Hans could
add that encoding to ConTeXt temporary).

Answering my own question ... if we request the file to be added to
TeX Gyre, we would end up:
- requesting the file
- it will take a few months before a new font version comes out
- and a few more months before the files proliferate
- a few monts later TeX Gyre math will come out
- after that we would request removal of that file again and nobody
will understand why we requested it in the first place

So maybe it's best if Hans adds q-8r.enc to ConTeXt? Perhaps making a
copy of 8r.enc and fixing (one|two|three)superior should do for now?

rpxpplr  TeXGyrePagella-Regular     "encq8r ReEncodeFont" <q-8r.enc <qplr.pfb
rpxpplb  TeXGyrePagella-Bold        "encq8r ReEncodeFont" <q-8r.enc <qplb.pfb
rpxpplri TeXGyrePagella-Italic      "encq8r ReEncodeFont" <q-8r.enc <qplri.pfb
rpxpplbi TeXGyrePagella-BoldItalic  "encq8r ReEncodeFont" <q-8r.enc <qplbi.pfb

i patiently wait till you tell me what to add/remove/patch