Hi Antoine,

do you have also questions on beginners level or has
everything to be on expert level.

I'm quite new to context and I'm not sure about the best way to achieve the layout I've in mind. You may find a representation of my layout in the
attached PDF.

Can someone help me by giving some tips on how to proceed to achieve
such a result. What's the best technique? The best method?

It's hard to say what't the best method in your case is
because more information are needed. The first thing that
came to my mind was to reduce the text area to a narrow
column and place the extra text and the figures and a wide
left margin.

\setuplayout
  [backspace=12.5cm,
   width=6.7cm,
   leftmargin=6.7cm,
   leftmargindistance=4cm,
   topspace=3.4cm,
   header=.5cm,
   headerdistance=2cm,
   height=19.2cm]

%\showframe

\starttext

\inmargin{\raggedright\input ward}\input knuth

\page

\placefigure
  [inleft]
  {Caption}