On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Mari Voipio wrote:
> luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you can consider (under linux,I dont'know about windows)
>> recode
>> iconv
>>
>> sometimes they are useful .
>
> I have Cygwin installed to give me some command line tools and we already
> figured out iconv is probably a useful tool. Recode, on the other hand,
> doesn't seem to exist ("man recode" give 'No manual entry for recode' while
> 'man iconv' is very informative).

You don't need cygwin (though if you already have it installed, I
would double check cygwin pacagkes, maybe you just need to install a
new package).

This is a nice collection of useful tools (= swiss-knife for poor
windows users) that work natively or at leat they did when I last used
Windows:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/unxutils/UnxUtils.zip

Mojca