Hi,

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:17:26 -0700, Ilda Khaki <ilda.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to compare the results of Arabic typesetting between different
TeX engines to decide the best one. Can anyone send a samplwe file for
typesetting Arabic in Plain TeX over luatex where the alphabets are not
isolated?

1. Mixed-up categories: Plain TeX is a macropackage, luaTeX is an engine.

2. Your question is way too general. You could use ArabTeX with the original TeX engine, and there are other systems out there too...

3. For real-life 21'st century practical purposes (viz utf-8 + opentype) your choices are XeTeX and LuaTeX.

4. Without a more precise question I cannot really recommend which way to go from here.

Search the wiki as well :-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies