Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

For scaling, we can specify a size, some thing like:

\setupbodyfont[arabic=foo,20pt,latin=bar,18pt]

or so.

I don't know Arabic, but I've done similar things for Greek, and that is not a good interface. You want a scaling factor, so users won't have to worry about scaling in footnotes, titles, etc., an absolute size is not a viable alternative.

indeed.

btw, i have no problem with a bunch of predefined combinations (using the fallbacks mechanism) so that users can quickly initialize a typeface

\usetypescript[fancyarabicwithgreekandtraditionallatin]
\setupbodyfont[fancyarabicwithgreekandtraditionallatin,13pt]

or so, collected in some type-* file, but that's as far as we can go; we need to guard at least some minimal quality

a quick start but with bad output is not the way to go