Mohamed Bana wrote:
maybe someone should research LuaJIT; http://luajit.org/

The fine print on LuaJIT:

* Only x86 (i386+) CPUs are supported right now (but see below).

That is the first, main reason why luajit is not included in
luatex yet. The other reason is that we don't expect that much
improvement because most of the lua code inside luatex is not
running at full interpreter speed anyway: mkiv is spending much
of its time in creating tables and table keys and the garbage
collector (we benchmarked this) neither of those task will
benefit from luajit.

There would be some speed gain, but not a lot. I am waiting for
luajit 2.0 and hoping it will support more architectures.

Best wishes,
Taco