Am 06.03.2009 um 04:05 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

My summary of this thread:
http://randomdeterminism.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/tex-programming-the-past-the-present-and-the-future/

Nice article but I have a few corrections for you.

Table setup:

To achieve horizontal and vertical centered content in the table cell
you need 'align={middle,lohi}'.

Pure table code:

You forgot the \bTR and \eTR before and after each row.

Expandafter solution:

You don't need as many \expandafter as you did in your example,
one before \bTD in each loop is enough.

\bTABLE
 \bTR
  \bTD $(+)$ \eTD
  \dorecurse{6}
   {\expandafter \bTD \recurselevel \eTD}
  \eTR
\dorecurse{6}
 {\bTR
     \edef\firstrecurselevel{\recurselevel}
     \expandafter\bTD \recurselevel \eTD
  \dorecurse{6}
    {\expandafter
     \bTD
      \the\numexpr\firstrecurselevel+\recurselevel\relax
     \eTD}
  \eTR}
\eTABLE

\for loop:

If you really want to show this loop you also the correct
commands to access the counters. #1 did also work but only
because the command is wrapped around \dostepwiserecurse.

\bTABLE
  \bTR
    \bTD $(+)$ \eTD
    \for \y=1 \to 6 \step 1 \do
      {\bTD \y \eTD}
  \eTR
  \for \x=1 \to 6 \step 1 \do
  {\bTR
     \bTD \x \eTD
    \for \y=1 \to 6 \step 1 \do
    {\bTD \the\numexpr\x+\y \eTD}
  \eTR}
\eTABLE

Thank you for the article and I'm looking forward for the next.

Best regards,
Wolfgang