I had that problem as well.  You can use the command \placefloats to
force any floats that exist to be placed immediately.  So to force the
floats to be placed within the section or subsection that they are
defined, I use the command:

\setuphead[section]
   [before={\placefloats}]
\setuphead[subsection]