curiouslearn wrote:
Can someone please help me with the following questions so that I can use some
of the typescripts that Wolfgang and some others have so kindly made available.

I will use font Bera as an example, since I would like to use it.

I have a Mac OS X Version 10.5.6

(1) How do I know if I have font Bera? As in, where on my computer do I look to
see if I have font Bera installed?
if you run the minimals, and probably also linux, this should tell you if the font has been cached. i'm not sure if the pattern is case sensitive.

$ mtxrun --script font --list --pattern=*bera*
(2) If I do not have the font, how do I install Bera? I see that there are files
on ctan. Where should I save this?
is it an OpenType font?  on linux i just put it into my ~/.fonts/ dir.
(3) Once I have installed the font and I have downloaded Wolfgang's
type-bera.tex file, where do I save this file? Can I save it where I save the
third-party modules. Once I save it, do I run the usual texhash, followed by
luatools --generate followed by context --make
just put it in current dir and see if it works, you won't need to run those commands (i think).
(4) Once I have accomplished the top three steps, how do I use it in a document?
Do I just type
\usetypescript[bera]
\switchtobodyfont[bera,12pt]

OR,
do I also have to type \usemodule[type-bera]

I would really appreciate any help.