I find the chart module great, it provides good results when typesetting
flow charts in many cases. However, sometimes when defining connection lines
the automatic routing feature is not able to find an optimal route and lines
intersect. I was wondering if there is an alternate way to define a
particular path for a specific connection. Instead of letting the module
doing that connection I would rather let it undefined and use some metapost
commands to do it. Is there an easy way to do it keeping the lines and
arrows setup?.

Thanks!