Hi,

The reproduction of the footnote problem is tricky. And it seems it's not a
Chinese
related problem. Here is the example:

%===============================================================
\starttext

\chapter{First}

Way to \ConTeXt\footnote{It's also the title of Yanrui Li's tutorial.} is
painful.

\input knuth

\section{Second}

But \ConTeXt is amazing.\footnote{Yanrui Li's tutorial too.}

\input knuth

\startlocalfootnotes
\placetable{Complex Table\footnote{An test table.}}
\placelegend{
\starttable[|l|n3.1 |n3.1 |n3.1 |n3.1 |]
  \HL
  \NC            \NC \Use{2}[c]{First Half} \NC \Use{2}[c]{Second Half} \NC \FR
  \DC            \DL[4] \DR
  \NC            \NC 1st Qtr  \NC 2nd Qtr   \NC 3rd Qtr \NC 4th Qtr \NC \LR
  \HL
  \NC East \NC   20.4   \NC    7.4    \NC     90  \NC    20.4 \NC \FR
  \NC West \NC   30.6   \NC  338.6    \NC   34.6  \NC    31.6 \NC  \LR
  \HL
\stoptable}
{\placelocalfootnotes}
\stoplocalfootnotes
%=========================================================================

The problem:
       The second footnote are generated twice. The duplicated footnote appears
       only when \section, \startlocalfootnotes, and other \footnote are there.

I cannot reproduce the "1▲" problem I have said before. It more tricky.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

Yanrui Li 写道:
3. Footnote number has a weird triangle mark beside, like "1▲".

  Example:
          I cannot reproduce the problem with default settings. Maybe it's
          a problem related with Chinese. What Chinese fonts do you have?
          Can I use Yanrui Li's zhfonts.tex in my examples?

Hi, Wei-Wei,
the third one can also work.
You can post your example with zhfonts.tex which use
Adobe Song and Kai fonts. I think that Hans have these fonts.