Hi,

I don't know whether the following is related to what is being discussed at the moment, but when trying to install a new version of minimals (in a separate, fresh directory), compiling a test file fails with the following message:

On the Mac (Leopard):

Setting "/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex" as TEXROOT.
bonasa:contextexp bonasia$ cd ~/Documents/alectoris/archives/talks/medges/longlife/
bonasa:longlife bonasia$ texmfstart texexec handout_longlife
TeXExec | processing document 'handout_longlife'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file handout_longlife.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 553
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 7.5.7)
\write18 enabled.
(/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex/texmf-context/web2c/natural.tcx)
I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!
TeXExec | runtime: 0.073803

On ubuntu (9.04):

Setting "/home/tetrao/newtex/tex" as TEXROOT.
tet...@tetrao:~/Desktop/test$ texmfstart texexec test
TeXExec | processing document 'test'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file test.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1368
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
pdftex: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
TeXExec | runtime: 0.035289

The old Minimals, which I kept, are still working on both computers.

Thanks for suggestions, Jörg