Hi Yanrui,

I tested your file and everything is correct here both with mkii and mkiv (ConTeXt ver: 2009.04.21 16:11 MKIV fmt: 2009.4.25 int: english/english).

Best regards: OK

On 29 avr. 09, at 16:00, Yanrui Li wrote:

2009/4/28 Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:
As I'm redoing the backend as well as cross referencing some interaction features might be broken but normally they are easy to fix (once i know what fails). So, best collect all bugs while i'm away so that i can deal with
then at once.

The numbering of footnotes are abnormal. Simple example:

\starttext
\chapter{T}
This is a test\footnote{t}.

\chapter{E}
This is a test\footnote{e}.

\chapter{S}
This is a test\footnote{s}.

\chapter{T}
This is a test\footnote{t}.
\stoptext

The numbering of four footnotes is "1.1", "2.2", "3.3", "4.4" respectively.

In addition, I am looking forward to having the numbering mechanism of
"bychapter" again, which I have descriped in
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/040203.html

--
Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Gentoo Linux (~x86)
* ConTeXt Minimals Beta (2009.04.28 08:46)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin