On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Yue Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you can find that on http://modules.contextgarden.net/
>>
>> but anyway, you won't know how easy it is to place figure/text
>> wherever you want in Keynote.
>> In ConTeXt, you cannot achieve that.
>
> Sure you can. Use a background layer, and then you can place the text
> whereever you want. Not as easy as in Keynote or powerpoint, but it can be
> done.

achieve the "easiness" I mean.
positioning/adjusting graphics/text using a mouse is much easier than
do that with keyboard,
and one should compile/adjust xs and ys many times in order to get the
right result.

not to say how to create beautiful 2d/3d charts and tables,
make simple drawings,
get fancy templates,
apply some advanced features to graphics/texts (like mirror, or
believable shade)
Well, I know in theory everything above is doable using TeX,
but extra amount of work should be done, and the ConTeXt approach
(using metafun?) quite unproductive.

So unless someone develop a good GUI frontend for TeX,
using TeX for unstructured documents (like presentation slides) is
always not a good idea.