Is there anything wrong with the mailing list or am I just missing something in the config?

I just wrote a mail, and only afterwards I’ve seen on the mail archive that the subject/prob was already ok.

It seems that I can’t receive the actual mails in my inbox, only after an indeterminable delay they are delivered. I dont receive either my own mails (yes, the box in the config is checked). I’m receiving the mails via gmail, the client program is the standard AppleMail-program.
Does anybody have similar issues?

Thanks

Thomas