Hi, Hans and Mojca:

first, (to Mojca) the first-setup.sh script still deletes fontconfig
cache when updating on windows.

second, (to Hans) unicode-letters.tex is read when we dump plain TeX
or LaTeX format in TeXLive. This file is wrote by Jonathan Kew in
order to initialize XeTeX. It defines many important unicode
properties into XeTeX. However, ConTeXt do not load that file when
dumping the xetex format. The file is not even in ConTeXt
distribution. I suggest that the file should be loaded.
You can find the file in
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/generic/xetex/unicode-letters.tex
XeTeX's plain TeX ini file can be find in
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xetex/config/xetex.ini

If the file is not loaded, thousands of lines should be copied to
third party modules (like the module I announce on the mailing list
today) in order to support some language correctly. This method is
quite messy, not to say inefficient for loading.

Yue Wang