Zhichu Chen wrote:
As you said before, in my problem, this kind of handler could break something
like hyper-links, and I assume Yue wanted those kind of stuffs.

Maybe just a \start(stop)setups which changes the background back to normal
and \prependtoks it to some token list. So is there an \everypage or
\everyshipout
token? Then using \setuphead (I don't know if it's appropriate) or
\appendtoks to
every title page.

something like state=once would be handy but i'm not going to touch that code till i'm redoing some page-* code in mkiv