On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Maurí­cio <briqueabra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been doing some searching on how to create my own fonts. If
> possible, I would like to be able to write my own program to
> at least draw glyphs, even if I have to resort to other tools
> to describe hinting, kerning and ligatures.

immo,
1) draw by hand some glyphs, so you have an objective piece of paper of what
you want
2) search on Internet for a font that looks like  what you (think) to want
3) starting from this font,  make some modifications of glyphs that you have
drawn
with fontforge or metapost
With fontforge, you can even make countours from  images  , and with a bit
of hack from MetaFont too.

--
luigi