Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 13:09, Hans Hagen wrote:
Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Hans ... I suspect that ConTeXt MKII (both pdftex and xetex) are
missing from the list ...
indeed. mkiv only as i don't want dependencies on perl/ruby in this case

So ... should I start blackmailing with "I'll remove it from minimals
unless it starts supporting mkii" or rather with "I'll tell Jonathan
that your configuration doesn't support XeTeX"? :) :) :) :) :) :)

(Let's leave it up to users to install ruby themselves and it's
totally ok if mkiv stays the default, but I see no reason for not
providing XeTeX and pdfTeX support (with synctex switch on by default)
on purpose ...)

well, it's not that pdftex cq. xetex are not supported, but more that mtxrun defaults to luatex / mkiv (just as texexec defaults to pdftex) and *i* want to default to luatex (no matter how much you blackmail me)

users can

% engine=pdftex
% engine=xetex

at the top of their document if they want and mtxrun will then run texexec instead

if users want syntex on they can enable it with

\synctex=1